This webcast broadcast live on Wednesday, July 17, 2019.
Description: Learn more about the Charleston Fast Pitch Competition from the perspective of previous pitch winners, our coach that helps finalists prepare for the competition, and one of the judges.
What is the Fast Pitch Competition? Fast Pitch encourages proposals for ideas on improving or transforming the work environment at a library, or any information-related enterprise or organization in educational technology.
The call for participation is open to all who are in the process of developing new, innovative, and implementable ideas to improve their academic libraries or related organizations. The intent of the competition is to showcase innovation in information management and to award the most deserving examples of innovation. There will be two awards of $2,500 each for winning proposals from U.S.-based tax exempt non-profit organization. Find out more at https://charlestonlibraryconference.com/fastpitch/.
- Caroline Muglia, Co-Associate Dean for Collections, Head, Resource Sharing & Collection Assessment, University of Southern California Libraries and 2017 Judges’ Winner
- Rob O’Connell, Director of Discovery and Access, Smith College Libraries and 2018 Audience Winner
- Devin Savage, Interim Dean, Galvin Library, Illinois Institute of Technology and 2018 Judges’ Winner
- Curtis Michelson, Founder and Principal, Minds Alert LLC and Fast Pitch Finalist Coach
- Jim O’Donnell, University Librarian, Arizona State University and Fast Pitch Competition Judge