2019 Registration Rates and Deadlines:
Early Bird Registration $475
June 17 – September 13
Regular Registration $600
September 14 – October 11
Late Registration $800
After October 11
Student Registration $95
*Online registration will close on Friday, October 25.
On site registration will be available at the Registration Check-In Desk (see hours listed below) in the lobby of the Francis Marion Hotel. Payment must be remitted at the time of registration and no invoices will be generated.
Registration Check-in Desk
Please note location: Upper Lobby of the Francis Marion Hotel. Conference registration is NOT AVAILABLE at the Gaillard Center.
Vendor badges will be included in the packets located on your assigned table for the Vendor Showcase. If you are not attending the main conference, you do not need to check in at the registration desk in the Francis Marion Hotel.
Check in upon arrival to receive your conference badge and attendee materials. Conference badges will be required for entry into conference venues, the reception, and conference shuttles.
The desk will be open the following hours:
Monday: 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
Tuesday: 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
Wednesday: 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
Thursday: 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
Friday: CLOSED (All registration materials will be moved to the Information Desk on the Mezzanine Level of the Francis Marion Hotel)
If you register for the Charleston Conference but are unable to attend, you have three options for cancellation:
- Please send all disability accommodation requests to Sharna Williams by September 15.
- On site registration is highly discouraged, but is available if necessary at the late registration rate of $800. Payment will be required upon registration by cash, check, or credit card. Invoices will not be sent afterwards.
What do you get with full conference registration?
- Access to visit the Vendor Showcase on Tuesday from 10:30 AM to 6:00 PM. Plan to meet with reps from over 140 different publishers and vendors.
- Access to all plenary and concurrent sessions on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
- Annual Conference Reception at the SC Aquarium on Wednesday from 7:00 – 9:00 PM.
- Networking opportunities throughout the Conference, plus a Happy Hour Mixer and Speed Networking session during the Poster Sessions on Wednesday from 5:45 – 6:45 pm.
- Complimentary shuttle service from all conference hotels to our headquarters at the Francis Marion Hotel.
- Complimentary one-year subscription to Against the Grain, the premier journal linking publishers, vendors, and librarians.
- One page printable (PDF): Making the Case to Attend Charleston
Some feedback from our attendees:
“The most important conference I attend. Vendors, publishers, and librarians side-by-side at the podium and in the audience. There is nothing else like it.”
“Charleston stands out time and again as providing an equal forum for discussion and collaboration across the industry. I always come away bubbling with ideas and insights!”
“Charleston is unique – it’s hard to describe to people who haven’t attended. I think it is where the “big ideas” get discussed. By the same token, there are sessions with lots of practical advice, as well.”
“A very focused conference with many practical sessions. Well-organized.”
“This is a great conference and I recommend it to many. I love the cross-fertilization of publishers and librarians speaking to each other in sessions; it is unique and a treasure within the field.”
“Vibrant conference with excellent content. A must attend for all librarians.”
“This is the only professional conference I attend; all the rest seem irrelevant compared to Charleston.”