Preconferences are workshops and seminars that range from a half day to a full day in length, and will be held on the Monday and Tuesday prior to the start of the main conference. These sessions require an additional registration and fee, and are included on the main conference registration form. Full Day sessions are $225, and Half Day sessions are $150. These are intended to be in-depth learning sessions that will offer a deeper, more thorough look at topics related to collection development and acquisitions. Preconferences are held on Monday and Tuesday of the conference week.
2019 Preconference Schedule
Monday, November 4, 2019
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Tuesday, November 5, 2019
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Chaos or Complexity? Transforming Publishing Models in the Plan S Era
- Hacking for Good: How libraries can ‘hack’ their systems and organizations to align with future outcomes and solve the problems that truly matter.
- Of Views and Slips and Usage Stats, of Data Frames and Strings: An Introduction to Collections Data Analysis
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Be Your Best Brand: Combine Marketing and User Experience Principles to Build Brands that go Beyond Logos
- From Silicon to Serials: Bringing Startup Methods to Library Innovation
- Learning by Listening: Identifying User Needs through Semi-Structured Interviews
- Selecting for Usability and Accessibility: A deep dive
Schedule of preconferences and select events available now. More details coming soon! Full program will be posted online in August.