2019 Charleston Conference Registration Now Open
The Charleston Conference is pleased to announce that registration for our 2019 event is now open! Take advantage of early bird pricing by registering at the link below prior to September 13.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers:
- Kumsal Bayazit, CEO, Elsevier
- Patricia Flatley Brennan, RN, PhD, Director, National Library of Medicine
- Brewster Kahle, Founder and Digital Librarian, Internet Archive
- See full speaker bios on our Speakers page.
- The Charleston FAST PITCH Competition – awarding two prizes of $2,500 each for innovation in libraries, plus a NEW international travel stipend award.
- The Charleston Premiers: Five Minute Previews of the New and Noteworthy
- Juried Product Development Forums – designed for publishers and vendors to gather market input from librarians on the development of a particular product or service, and for librarians to discuss market issues with publishers and vendors invited to participate in a forum.
- More to be announced later on with our full conference schedule.
Preconferences are workshops and seminars that will be held on the Monday and Tuesday prior to the start of the main conference. These sessions require an additional registration and fee, and are intended to be in-depth learning sessions that will offer a deeper, more thorough look at topics related to collection development and acquisitions.
The week of the conference is a busy time in Charleston due to other events in town; please make sure to make reservations in advance. The deadline for group reservations is OCTOBER 1 unless otherwise noted. Be sure to mention that you are with the Charleston Library Conference to receive the group rate. Contact Shirley Davidson, our Hotel Liaison and Conference Mentor, with any questions at shirley@
Please contact Leah Hinds, Executive Director, with any questions at leah@